6 Tips To Keep Your Home Easily Maintained
Summer is almost here and it’s a great time to take a look around your home to see what, if any, preventative maintenance is needed. With this checklist and a couple of weekends you’ll feel secure knowing that your home is being well-maintained.
6 Tips To Maintaining Your Home
- A yearly inspection of your HVAC system should keep air flowing nicely through your home, at the temperature you prefer. You can do this yourself or hire a professional to make it easy. At the very least, change the air filter (this really should be done at least every few months).This will also help optimize cost of your dollars and is very helpful for people that are more sensitive or prone to allergies.
- Evaluate the siding, particularly if it is wood, on your home. Repair any that has been exposed to moisture before it becomes a larger issue and complete any needed painting while the weather is warm.
- Check the slant and grade of the ground around your home. It should flow away from the foundation, not towards it, to avoid flooding and puddles during storms or regular irrigation. Also check that your sprinkler system is in order and not spraying directly into the home.
- Consider pruning plants and determining the health of large trees to avoid future problems.
- Have your home inspected yearly for termites, this are usually easy to treat if you catch the problem early on.
Checking over these areas in your home and making any necessary repairs will allow to enjoy your weekends more this summer and take advantage of any available sunshine! Enjoy our beautiful San Diego weather!